Movin' and Groovin' With Stanley Maxwell and Paul Winter
For the past 14 years, Mark Crino, Evan Green, Andy Chatfield, and Eric DellaVecchia have been performing under the name Stanley Maxwell. They’re a Connecticut-based quartet with a jazz-meets-rock-meets-funk sound that’s bound to get you off your feet. The four of them recently joined us in our Studio 3 to share some of the music that’s kept them all together for so long.
A little later, Grammy Award-winning saxophonist Paul Winter tells us about how Brazilian music has been informing and inspiring his work since the 1960s. Together, we listen to and talk about some of Paul’s songs to preview the program he’ll be playing this weekend at Infinity Music Hall in Norfolk.
Stanley Maxwell performs on Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 3:00 pm, at Wesleyan University’s Russell House in Middletown, Connecticut.
Paul Winter performs on Sunday, March 1, 2015 at 7:30 pm, at Infinity Hall in Norfolk, Connecticut.
- Mark Crino - Electric bassist with Stanley Maxwell
- Evan Green - Keyboardist with Stanley Maxwell
- Andy Chatfield - Drummer with Stanley Maxwell
- Eric DellaVecchia - Alto saxophonist with Stanley Maxwell
- Paul Winter - Grammy Award-winning soprano saxophonist
John Dankosky and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.