Pride Month Goes Virtual
Pride Month is looking a little different this year. Traditionally, Pride is marked by big parades and celebrations. But social distancing and racial unrest means that celebrations won't look the same as they did years prior. This hour, we discuss how the Connecticut LGBTQ community is celebrating this year.
We hear from activists about virtual Pride Month events and we talk about the intersection between LGBTQ rights and racial justice.
And later, we hear how the pandemic has affected this community
How are you marking Pride Month this year?We want to hear from you.
- Mucha Mucha Placer (Richard Stillson) - clinical psychologist
- Erick Russell - an attorney at Pullman & Comley and prior chair of LGBT section of the Connecticut Bar Association. (@ErickRussellCT1)
- Linda Estabrook - Executive Director of Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective (@HGLHC)
Events happening in Connecticut
- June 20 & 27 - A virtual documentary screening about Stonewall Icon Sylvia Rivera
- June 25 - Be You: Queer Prom 2020
- June 27 West Hartford Pride
- June 27 - Global Pride 24 Hour Event
- June 30 - Trans Women of Color Virtual Forum