The Nose Has Never Not Been Fired
Mank is David Fincher's feature film portrayal of the writing of Citizen Kane. Gary Oldman plays the title character and Kane screenwriter, Herman J. Mankiewicz. Mank hit Netflix last Friday, and it's already got lots of Oscar buzz.
The Godfather: Part III is a movie that was actually nominated for seven Oscars 30 years ago (it didn't win any), and it's the third film in a series that had already won nine Academy Awards, including two Best Pictures. Part III, though, has always been thought of relatively poorly. And so, for its 30th anniversary this month, Francis Ford Coppola has rejiggered it and rereleased it as The Godfather, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone. This new version is four minutes shorter, starts with a different scene, ends slightly differently ... and is ultimately the same movie.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Stream Taylor Swift's New Album, 'Evermore'
- Taylor Swift Had A Powerful Message For People Who "Don't Care" About Following COVID Guidelines
"If they make it out of this, if they see the other side of it, there's going to be a lot of trauma that comes with that."
- Bob Dylan Sells His Songwriting Catalog in Blockbuster Deal
Universal Music purchased his entire songwriting catalog of more than 600 songs in what may be the biggest acquisition ever of a single act's publishing rights.
- Harrison Ford to reprise Indiana Jones role for fifth and final movie
- Disney Just Announced So Much More 'Star Wars'
Breaking down the many Force-related developments from Thursday's Investor Day
- Steven Soderbergh Teases Plans for Limited-Edition Box Set Featuring Seven Remastered Films
And it could be released sooner than you think.
- Nick Davis - A filmmaker and the author of the forthcoming Competing with Idiots: Herman and Joe Mankiewicz, a Dual Portrait
- Taneisha Duggan - Producing associate at TheaterWorks
- James Hanley - Co-founder of Cinestudio at Trinity College
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.