The Nose Says Goodbye To 2020
2020 was ... not great.
But, from a pop culture point of view, it wasn't so bad either. I mean, we got the Hamilton movie, The Queen's Gambit, the final season of Schitt's Creek, David Byrne's American Utopia, the Borat sequel, "WAP," I May Destroy You, Tiger King, two new Taylor Swift albums, Ma Rainey's Black Bottom...
The list goes on.
This hour, The Nose looks back at the year in pop culture that was 2020.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- French designer Pierre Cardin, licensing pioneer, dies at 98
- What the Hole Is Going On?
The very real, totally bizarre bucatini shortage of 2020.
- This Lawsuit Goes to 11
The creators of This is Spinal Tap, the most influential mockumentary ever made, have been paid almost nothing. The rock gods are angry.
- Wait, What's Going on With Hilaria Baldwin?
- The 16 Best Ambient Albums of 2020
Whether offering solace, transport, or simple numbness, these albums perfectly suited a year of lockdown.
- The 15 Best Crime Movies of 2020
Heists, embezzlement attempts, and temporally-warped espionage will help end the year on a good note.
- The 39 Most Anticipated Movies of 2021
- Rebecca Castellani - Handles social media marketing and event planning for Quiet Corner Communications
- Taneisha Duggan - Artistic producer at TheaterWorks
- Sam Hadelman - Host of The Sam Hadelman Show at Radio Free Brooklyn
- Irene Papoulis - Teaches writing at Trinity College
- Mercy Quaye- Founder and principal consultant for The Narrative Project and a columnist with Hearst Connecticut Media Group
- Bill Yousman - Professor of Media Studies at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.