Living the Freelancer Life
We all know that the days of punching our clock for exactly forty hours is over. One of the alternatives that has risen in its place is what's called the "gig economy": Americans are casting off the traditional full-time job to freelance, moonlight, and temp their way to financial success.
This hour, we'll talk with economists, labor experts and freelancers themselves to hear whether or not this trend is helping or harming the American worker.
- Gerald Friedman - Professor of Economics at University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Richard Greenwald - Professor and Dean of the School of Humanities & Social Sciences at Brooklyn College, SUNY
- Britni Danielle - Freelance writer for Ebony, the Guardian and Essence Magazine
- Chris Morgan - Freelance 3D artist and animator for LEGO, Nickelodeon, and Priceline
- Caitlin Kelly - Freelance writer for the New York Times, author
- “It’s A Freelance Life” by Garlic Jackson
- “Freelance Living” by Allison Medina
- “Freelance” by Survivor
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.