In Connecticut, Farmers Turn To New Crop: Hemp
Hemp production. It's a growing field in Connecticut... and we mean that in the most literal sense. This hour, we learn about the state's newly seeded hemp industry and consider the challenges and opportunities of farming the plant on local land.
Plus, it’s likely you have seen the letters “CBD” on packages of teas, cookies, or lollipop candies. They’re often accompanied by promises of relaxation or a better night's rest. But how much do we actually know about CBD and its efficacy? We find out, and we also hear from you.
- Patrick Skahill - Science and environment reporter for Connecticut Public Radio (@ptskahill)
- Ed Kasheta - President of Kasheta Farms, Inc. in South Windsor, Connecticut
- Bonnie Burr - Assistant Director and Department Head with the Cooperative Extension System at the University of Connecticut College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources
- Ron Reynolds - Chief Operating Officer for Incredible Edibles, a new venture launched by Edible Arrangements founder Tariq Farid
- Dr. Peter Grinspoon - Instructor at Harvard Medical School; author of Free Refills: A Doctor Confronts His Addiction (@Peter_Grinspoon)
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.