Zooming in on Superintendent Turnover
This hour, we look at superintendent turnover in Connecticut.
We talk with Bridgeport Interim Superintendent Fran Rabinowitz about her decision to step down and what this means for Bridgeport’s students. We look at this issue locally and nationally and explore whether superintendent turnover is higher in urban school districts.
How do public schools hold onto leaders for the benefit of their students? Are you a parent, a teacher or a school board member in these 3 cities? How can districts work on improving student achievement if there’s a revolving door at the top?
- Fran Rabinowitz - Interim Superintendent of Bridgeport Public Schools
- David DesRoches - WNPR Education Reporter
- Dennis Bradley - Chairperson for the Bridgeport Public School Board
- Joseph Cirasuolo - Executive Director of the Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents
- Paul Manna - Chair of the Department of Government and the Isabelle and Jerome E. Hyman Distinguished University Professor of Government at the College of William & Mary
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.