The Wheelhouse: Who's the Next Governor of Connecticut?
Governor Dannel Malloy claimed victory in the race for governor early Wednesday morning, but only by a razor-thin margin. Without final results, the best call he could make was, "We're going to win this thing."
Republican challenger Tom Foley, reluctant to concede, gave a speech announcing that yeah, he probably lost. Also still unclear: results of the races for secretary of the state, comptroller, and treasurer.
Regardless of the outcome, our weekly news roundtable The Wheelhouse recaps results from across the state and the country. Our panel of reporters and observers is sleep-deprived, but ready to put a bow (hopefully) on the 2014 election season.
- Colin McEnroe - Host of The Colin McEnroe Show on WNPR
- Mark Pazniokas - Capitol bureau chief for The Connecticut Mirror
- Renny Fulco - Associate Professor of Legal and Policy Studies at Trinity College
- Tom Foley - Republican candidate for governor
- Denise Merrill - Secretary of the State of Connecticut