The art of the recipe: Gravestones, fictional worlds, and cookbooks (of course)
This hour: recipes.
We talk with someone who makes recipes found on gravestones, and we consider what makes an effective recipe, the history of the modern recipe, and the art of the recipe introduction.
Plus, a look at the phenomenon of pop culture cookbooks.
- Dinah Bucholz: Author of The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook and The Unofficial Narnia Cookbook
- Rosie Grant: Posts gravestone recipes and cemetery stories on her TikTok and Instagram
- Francis Lam: Host of The Splendid Table and vice president and editor-in-chief at Clarkson Potter
- Chandra Ram: Cookbook author, food writer, and associate editorial director of food for Food & Wine
- Helen Zoe Veit: Associate professor of history at Michigan State University
The Colin McEnroe Show is available as a podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. Subscribe and never miss an episode!
Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Colin McEnroe and Eugene Amatruda contributed to this show.