There’s always a reason to celebrate: A look at the world of unusual holidays
Today is Curling is Cool Day, Digital Learning Day, Single-Tasking Day, National Chili Day, and Introduce a Girl To Engineering Day. And these are just a few of hundreds of examples of unusual holidays observed throughout the year. This hour we learn all about these unusual holidays and how they’re created. We discover why some people find joy in celebrating these days, and we talk with the creators of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, National Grammar Day, and Find Your Inner Nerd Day.
- Marlo Anderson: Founder of the National Day Calendar
- John Baur: Co-founder of International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Martha Brockenbrough: Author, teacher, and creator of National Grammar Day
- Holly McGuire: Editor-in-chief of Chase’s Calendar of Events
- Beth Ziesenis: Author, speaker, and founder of Find Your Inner Nerd Day
Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
The Colin McEnroe Show is available as a podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts. Subscribe and never miss an episode!
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.