As energy prices soar, regional power grid operator warns of "vulnerable" winter
Regional electric grid operator ISO New England has warned of a "vulnerable" winter, while homeowners are being charged higher rates for fuel, whether natural gas, oil or propane.
This hour, hear from POLITICO energy reporter Catherine Morehouse about the many factors at play, and get the latest from ISO New England. VP of External Affairs Anne George qualifies their concerns about natural gas use. As for this winter, George says that "looking ahead... we're in good shape." Although, "contingencies can happen."
Progressive consumer advocacy organization Public Citizen weighs in. Plus, hear from a Westport resident who recently switched to geothermal energy.
- Catherine Morehouse - Energy reporter, POLITICO
- Anne George - Vice President of External Affairs, ISO New England
- Tyson Slocum - Director of Energy Program, Public Citizen
- Michael Sachse - CEO, Dandelion Energy
- Kaveh Ghahremani - Westport resident and new Dandelion customer