Crisis in Ukraine: What you need to know, and how Connecticut residents are responding
There is broad support in the U.S. for Ukraine and global outcry over Putin's increasingly hostile attacks on civilians. This hour, hear more about the geopolitical backdrop and Ukraine's fight for independence from Yale history professor and author of The Ukrainian Night Marci Shore.
Local leaders in Connecticut are organizing, fundraising and speaking out to keep the focus on the crisis in Ukraine. Hear from the Stamford School of Ukrainian Studies and the Ukrainian National Women's League of America.
Plus, Americares is transporting three tons of medicine and critical relief supplies to Ukraine. They "anticipate many shipments will follow in the coming weeks."
U.S. Senator for Connecticut and Foreign Relations Committee Member Chris Murphy also joins.
- Marci Shore: Associate Professor of History, Yale University
- Chris Murphy: U.S. Senator for Connecticut; Member, Senate Foreign Relations Committee
- Ulyana Yosypiv: Principal, Stamford School of Ukrainian Studies; Head, Stamford Ukrainian American Youth Association
- Svitlana Levus: President, Stamford Branch of Ukrainian National Women’s League of America
- Kate Dischino: Vice President of Emergency Programs, Americares
Do you want to show your support? Find links here to donate to Americares, the Ukrainian National Women's League of America, the Ukrainian Red Cross, and the United Ukrainian American Relief Committee.