- Schedule: CPTV Programming
- The map below identifies Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) over-the-air television signal coverage across the state. Find your local channel number for CPTV, PBS KIDS 24/7, and CPTV Spirit.
Search your local cable provider to access CPTV, CPTV Spirit and PBS KIDS 24/7 channels through your local cable provider.
Access PBS and PBS KIDS programming on the following media services
|Media Service||PBS||PBS KIDS||CPTV|
|Amazon Fire TV||Available||Available|
|Samsung Smart TV (Tizen)||Available||Available|
|Vizio SmartCast TV||Available||Available|
Available exclusively on
Smart Phone Application (IOS/Android)
Watch using Connecticut Public app—our free app enables you to watch CPTV and listen to WNPR’s live radio stream, follow our local news stories and get on-demand audio from any of our local talk shows.
WNPR programming is aired 24 hours a day. Tune your radio to the following frequencies:
|Frequency||Call sign||Transmitter serves|
|90.5 FM||WNPR, WNPR H-D 1 Meriden||Hartford/New Haven|
|89.1 FM||WPKT, WPKT H-D 1 Norwich||Norwich/New London|
|88.5 FM||WEDW-FM Stamford||Stamford/Greenwich|
|91.3 FM||WRLI Southampton||east end of Long Island, New York|
Online: Livestream & Podcasts
- Livestream: access by pressing the play button at the top of any page on CTPUBLIC website to listen to the live radio stream. The audio will continue to play as you browse, so feel free to check out our other stories as you listen.
- Podcasts: our podcasts can be found on all major distribution channels and can be accessed directly through RSS feeds.
|Where We Live||all feeds|
|The Colin McEnroe Show||all feeds|
Smart Phone Application (IOS/Android)
- Connecticut Public app: Our free mobile application enables you to watch CPTV and listen to WNPR’s live radio stream, follow our local news stories and access on-demand audio from any of our local talk shows.
- NPR One: mixes national NPR news with local Connecticut Public Radio content -- and you can find podcasts of all our talk shows there, too. Just choose WNPR as your local station. Get the app or listen on the web.
- Newsbreak: Access Connecticut Public Radio content on the local news app NewsBreak. Download the NewsBreak App.
- Flipboard: Access Connecticut Public Radio content on the news and information curation app Flipboard. Download the Flipboard App.
Simply access by uttering...
- "Hey Siri, play Connecticut Public Radio" on Apple devices
- "Alexa, play Connecticut Public Radio" on Amazon devices
- "Ok Google, Play Connecticut Public Radio" on Google devices
Connecticut Public offers newsletters to keep you up to date on news, programming, contests, events, and fun educational items. Subscribe one or ALL today!
- COVID-19 News Updates - Receive the latest relevant news about Coronavirus efforts in Connecticut and beyond.
- Learning Snacks - Delivered each Thursday we’ll bring you a rich collection of multi-media educational resources from Connecticut Public, PBS and other public media to keep your kids engaged and enhance their learning experience
- Smart or Lucky - Sent each Monday to get your week started with trivia games, polls, ticket giveaways, contest, and prizes.
- What's ON - the best of our television programs delivered to your inbox each and every Friday
- Your Start - Daily news and local talk shows delivered weekday mornings
How to Learn & Play with PBS KIDS
Celebrating its 50th year, PBS KIDS, the number-one educational media brand for children, is frequently recognized as a leader in children’s multiplatform content. The PBS KIDS whole child educational ecosystem addresses core needs in areas such as literacy, math, social-emotional learning, engineering, and science.
As part of “The Nation’s Largest Classroom,” Connecticut Public provides free, evidence-based educational resources that help parents, teachers, and caregivers build early learning skills for America’s children, especially those in underserved families.
- PBS KIDS programs are served on our primary statewide channel, CPTV, from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM each weekday. View the CPTV Schedule
- The PBS KIDS 24/7 channel is a free, over-the-air broadcast signal now reaches into more than 500,000 previously underserved households in Connecticut. View the PBS KIDS Schedule
- PBS KIDS 24/7 programs may also be streamed live on our website.
- Children can watch on-demand in this child-safe environment at pbskids.org. Videos and interactive games feature PBS KIDS characters.
- Parents and kids on-the-go can download the free Connecticut Public Mobile App and the PBS KIDS Video App, to access the PBS KIDS 24/7 live stream, videos and games right on their mobile smartphones and tablets.
- PBS KIDS Podcasts are meant for family listening from Molly of Denali, Pinkalicious & Peterrific, and Odd Squad.
- Learn At Home Resources: Connecticut Public has curated a multimedia treasure trove of educational (and entertaining!) content, resources and ideas that are especially useful for distance-learning and independent study.
- The “Learning Snacks” Newsletter: Each week, we pack up a fresh selection of “Learning Snacks” that focus on an educational theme or current issue in the news, and deliver them via email.
- PBS LearningMedia offers thousands of free, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more. Relevant, timely content and activities give educators and parents tools to address the major issues and challenges of our times.
- PBS KIDS Learn is a portal for caregivers and educators with curriculum resources featuring PBS Kids characters.
- PBS Black Culture Connection is your guide to films, stories and voices centered around Black history and culture.
- PBS KIDS for Parents offers age-by-age advice on raising kind, caring and resilient children who are ready to learn and thrive.
- PBS Education is a hub of resources and advice for creative educators seeking to instill a love of learning in their students.
- Alternate Language Content on PBS LearningMedia includes resources in Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Arabic, and Italian.
Contact our newsroom and talk shows
- Newsroom: Email works best to reach our busy newsroom. Contact email@example.com. The main phone number for our newsroom in Hartford is (860) 275-7272.
- Talk shows: We often take calls during live broadcasts
|Where We Live||(888) 720-9677|
|The Colin McEnroe Show||(888) 720-9677|
|Audacious with Chion Wolf||(860) 275-7550|
- For a donation of just $5 per month or a total annual donation of $60, you can become a member of Connecticut Public. For the greatest impact, donate as a Monthly Sustaining Member. Monthly Sustaining memberships are always current, continuously supporting the news and programs you rely on (and reducing our fundraising costs!) Join us donate today!
Having difficulties finding what you're looking for?
Contact our Audience Care team at (860) 275-7550 or share an email firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll talk to a real person between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday.