Listen to Connecticut Public Radio on your Alexa smart speaker, tablet, and television!
If you have an Amazon Alexa-enabled device, you can listen to Connecticut Public Radio's live stream with a few simple voice commands.
Common devices supported include the Amazon Echo Dot, Echo Show, and Fire TV, as well as devices from other manufactuers such as the Sonos One.
WNPR programming is aired 24 hours a day. Tune your radio to the following frequencies:
|WNPR, WNPR H-D 1 Meriden
|WPKT, WPKT H-D 1 Norwich
|east end of Long Island, New York
Online: Livestream & Podcasts
- Livestream: access by pressing the play button at the top of any page on CTPUBLIC website to listen to the live radio stream. The audio will continue to play as you browse, so feel free to check out our other stories as you listen.
- Podcasts: our podcasts can be found on all major distribution channels and can be accessed directly through RSS feeds.
Smart Phone Application (IOS/Android)
- Connecticut Public app: Our free mobile application enables you to watch CPTV and listen to WNPR’s live radio stream, follow our local news stories and access on-demand audio from any of our local talk shows.
- NPR One: mixes national NPR news with local Connecticut Public Radio content -- and you can find podcasts of all our talk shows there, too. Just choose WNPR as your local station. Get the app or listen on the web.
- Newsbreak: Access Connecticut Public Radio content on the local news app NewsBreak. Download the NewsBreak App.
- Flipboard: Access Connecticut Public Radio content on the news and information curation app Flipboard. Download the Flipboard App.
Watch With PBS Passport
Passport is a member benefit that allows you to watch your favorite PBS shows whenever and wherever you want. You can catch up on a single episode or binge watch a show’s full season using any computer device.
Passport works with Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Fire TV devices, or your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Access to Passport is a member benefit for those who donate $60 or more to Connecticut Public. Find out more about how to activate Passport and watch all your favorite programs any time at video.cptv.org or view our local programs right here at ctpublic.org.
PBS Video features thousands of full-length episodes, the latest news, live TV from your local PBS station, award-winning documentaries, and iconic series from PBS and member stations. Watch TV and stream your favorite PBS shows anytime, anywhere!
Watch all your child’s favorite PBS KIDS shows anytime, anywhere (in the USA) with the PBS KIDS Video channel!
With the PBS KIDS Video, your child can explore new worlds with the shows and characters they love. Take a trip to Sesame Street, visit Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, or go on a creature adventure with the Wild Kratts!
Connecticut Public + (Connecticut Public Plus) delivers highly trusted PBS and NPR programming as well as award-winning local news, stories and entertainment that cover the issues and ideas most relevant to the residents of Connecticut, and beyond.
Watch CPTV's live channel and PBS KIDS 24/7 on Local Now, a free streaming service that doesn't not require a subscription. The Local Now app is available on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Xfinity, Vizio, Samsung, Android and IOS devices. For more information, please visit localnow.com.
Hulu + Live TV Subscribers, one of the nation’s largest streaming services for live television, now have access to high-quality, educational and inspiring content from Connecticut Public including Mini Docs, Where Art Thou?, and Cutline along with PBS favorites including PBS NewsHour, FRONTLINE, Antiques Roadshow, and Connecticut Public PBS KIDS channel. For more information, please visit hulu.com.
- Schedule: CPTV Programming
- The map below identifies Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) over-the-air television signal coverage across the state. Find your local channel number for CPTV, PBS KIDS 24/7, and CPTV Spirit.
Search your local cable provider to access CPTV, CPTV Spirit and PBS KIDS 24/7 channels through your local cable provider.
Available exclusively on DIRECTV
Watch through your web browser at:
*Note to view Connecticut Public's livestreams your device must be physically located within the CPTV coverage area
YouTube TV is available for PBS, PBS Kids, and CPTV.
Smart Phone Application (IOS/Android)
Watch using Connecticut Public app—our free app enables you to watch CPTV and listen to WNPR’s live radio stream, follow our local news stories and get on-demand audio from any of our local talk shows.
Find instructions for using Chromecast here.
CPTV Passport*: streamed on smartphones, tablets, computers, TVs or Connecticut Public’s Mobile App
Connecticut Public offers newsletters to keep you up to date on news, programming, contests, events, and fun educational items. Subscribe one or ALL today!
- Your Start - Daily news and local talk shows delivered weekday mornings
- What's On - the best of our television programs delivered to your inbox each and every Friday
- Smart or Lucky - Sent each Monday to get your week started with trivia games, polls, ticket giveaways, contest, and prizes.
- Learning Snacks - Delivered each Thursday we’ll bring you a rich collection of multi-media educational resources from Connecticut Public, PBS and other public media to keep your kids engaged and enhance their learning experience
- The Accountability Project - The Accountability Project is an investigative reporting initiative from Connecticut Public. Our team of reporters provide a deep focus on Connecticut issues including education, the economy, business, housing and government.
- Full Plate - Your source for stories and explorations of food in Connecticut
- The Noseletter - The Noseletter, a twice-monthly compendium of merriment, secrets and ancient wisdom brought to you by The Colin McEnroe Show. Backstage tales of avarice, deceit, amnesia and tomfoolery will be yours to peruse.
- This Week with Passport (Members Only) - A hand-picked selection of new and exciting shows to watch on the PBS Video app, sent every Thursday!
- Compass (Members Only) - An exclusive look inside what’s happening at Connecticut Public. Hear from senior leaders, learn about new shows before anyone else, and enjoy exclusive access to the world of public media. Sent the third Tuesday of each month!
How to Learn & Play with PBS KIDS
Celebrating its 50th year, PBS KIDS, the number-one educational media brand for children, is frequently recognized as a leader in children’s multiplatform content. The PBS KIDS whole child educational ecosystem addresses core needs in areas such as literacy, math, social-emotional learning, engineering, and science.
As part of “The Nation’s Largest Classroom,” Connecticut Public provides free, evidence-based educational resources that help parents, teachers, and caregivers build early learning skills for America’s children, especially those in underserved families.
- PBS KIDS programs are served on our primary statewide channel, CPTV, from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM each weekday. View the CPTV Schedule
- The PBS KIDS 24/7 channel is a free, over-the-air broadcast signal now reaches into more than 500,000 previously underserved households in Connecticut. View the PBS KIDS Schedule
- PBS KIDS 24/7 programs may also be streamed live on our website.
- Children can watch on-demand in this child-safe environment at pbskids.org. Videos and interactive games feature PBS KIDS characters.
- Parents and kids on-the-go can download the free Connecticut Public Mobile App and the PBS KIDS Video App, to access the PBS KIDS 24/7 live stream, videos and games right on their mobile smartphones and tablets.
- PBS KIDS Podcasts are meant for family listening from Molly of Denali, Pinkalicious & Peterrific, and Odd Squad.
- Learn At Home Resources: Connecticut Public has curated a multimedia treasure trove of educational (and entertaining!) content, resources and ideas that are especially useful for distance-learning and independent study.
- The “Learning Snacks” Newsletter: Each week, we pack up a fresh selection of “Learning Snacks” that focus on an educational theme or current issue in the news, and deliver them via email.
- PBS LearningMedia offers thousands of free, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more. Relevant, timely content and activities give educators and parents tools to address the major issues and challenges of our times.
- PBS KIDS Learn is a portal for caregivers and educators with curriculum resources featuring PBS Kids characters.
- PBS Black Culture Connection is your guide to films, stories and voices centered around Black history and culture.
- PBS KIDS for Parents offers age-by-age advice on raising kind, caring and resilient children who are ready to learn and thrive.
- PBS Education is a hub of resources and advice for creative educators seeking to instill a love of learning in their students.
- Alternate Language Content on PBS LearningMedia includes resources in Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Arabic, and Italian.
Having difficulties finding what you're looking for?
Contact our Audience Care team at (860) 275-7550 or share an email email@example.com. You’ll talk to a real person between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday.