Exploring Connecticut Wine Country
Connecticut's winemaking community is vibrant and growing. This hour, we explore the flavors of New England with food journalist Leeanne Griffin, and wine expert and writer Alice Feiring. Some 45 licensed farm wineries comprise Connecticut's very own "Wine Country."
We also hear from local vineyards, and discuss the role of "agritourism" in Connecticut. We preview the state's Passport to Wine Country program, putting 30-plus farm wineries on the map. Farm wineries use at least one-quarter Connecticut-grown fruits in their product.
- Alice Feiring: Journalist and Writer; Author, The Feiring Line
- Leeanne Griffin: Food and Consumer Reporter, Hearst Connecticut
- Ryan Winiarski: Owner, Priam Vineyards
- Patty Rowan: Winery Manager, Hopkins Vineyard
- Bryan Hurlburt: Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Agriculture