The Nose Got The Boot For Putting Boots In The Boot
And: Ted Lasso is a half-hour comedy series on AppleTV+. It stars Jason Sudeikis as the title character, and it's based on a character Sudeikis developed in 2013 for a series of promos for NBC Sports's Premier League coverage, of all things.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Tom Heinsohn, Champion Celtic as Player and Coach, Is Dead at 86
His blood always ran green: eight titles with Boston as a Hall of Fame forward and two as head coach followed by a four-decade career as a die-hard Celtics broadcaster.
- Christopher Nolan Talks 'Tenet' Box Office: "I'm Worried the Studios Are Drawing the Wrong Conclusions"
- After Biden Victory, 'SNL' Returns To Form Thanks To Dave Chappelle
- How 'SNL' recreated Kamala Harris' white suit in under 90 minutes
- This NYC Server On TikTok Ranked Celebs She's Served And Shared What They're Actually Like
Greta totally makes sense.
- From Obscure To Sold Out: The Story Of Four Seasons Total Landscaping In Just 4 Days
- An Architecture Critic Looks at Four Seasons Total Landscaping
- This Instagram Account Calls Out Reality Stars' Designer Knockoffs
Instagram page @therealbadfashions not only points out when Real Housewives are wearing fake Chanel, but reminds us to eat the rich.
- 'Full House' home sells for $5.3 million
- I Guess a 30-Year-Old Beastie Boys Record Is My Best Friend Now?
Writer and comedian Josh Gondelman on his deep love of Paul's Boutique, an NYC album that has added resonance during the pandemic.
- Britney Spears Loses Bid to Remove Father From Conservatorship, Refuses to Perform
- 22 Actors Who've Made A Career Off Of Playing The Same Person Over And Over
- The Weeknd to headline Super Bowl 2021 half-time show
The Canadian singer is 'humbled, honored and ecstatic' to follow in the footsteps of Jennifer Lopez and Shakira at next year's big game
- Go ahead, call her a spoiled celeb kid. No one shades Cazzie David better than Cazzie David
- David Fincher interview: "There's really only two seasons for movies: 'spandex summer' and 'affliction winter'"
Exclusive: David Fincher discusses the state of play in Hollywood with Total Film
- The First Episode of 'WandaVision' Filmed in Front of a Live Studio Audience, Used Period Film Equipment and Techniques
- Sue Bird And Megan Rapinoe Have Gotten Better Together
- The Price of Performance, in "Character"
- A Naked Statue for a Feminist Hero?
Newspaper columnists and social media users are furious about a new statue dedicated to Mary Wollstonecraft in London. But they're missing the point.
- John Lennon's most revealing album was his last
- Jim Chapdelaine - An Emmy-winning musician, producer, composer, and recording engineer, and a patient advocate for people with rare cancers
- Irene Papoulis - Teaches writing at Trinity College
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.