After Lawsuit Regarding Baseball Stadium, Hartford Changes Course
It's time for a do-over.
The city of Hartford will hold a second meeting on zoning changes related to its $350 million baseball stadium development, because its first meeting did not meet state public notice requirements.
Last week, we reported that stadium critic Ken Krayeske filed suit, alleging that the city hadn't given the requisite ten days' notice before its October 28 meeting of the Planning and Zoning Commission. After further review, the city has apparently conceded.
"When we noticed the previous meeting...we believed that we had met the notice requirements of state law," said Thomas Deller, the city's director of development service. But, after Krayeske filed his suit, the city reviewed the matter, and determined that "we did miscalculate the notice requirement. We are having a new public meeting and are noticing the meeting in conformance with state requirements."
The commission's second hearing on several matters related to the baseball stadium development is now scheduled for December 9.
"Great," Krayeske told WNPR. "Fantastic. I'm glad that we can respect the law and follow the law."
Krayeske said he is considering withdrawing his suit.