The Nose looks at Taylor Swift’s ‘All Too Well,’ ‘The Problem with Jon Stewart,’ and ‘The Harder They Fall’
This week, The Nose is lightning with the blam blams.
First: Taylor Swift’s new 15-minute film for the new 10-minute version of her old five-minute song “All Too Well.” Swift played all of “All Too Well (10 Minute Version)” in front of some of the film live on Saturday night. It is now the longest song anyone has ever performed on SNL.
And then: The Problem with Jon Stewart is a “late night” show that “airs” every other Thursday on AppleTV+. It marks Stewart’s return to television hosting after leaving The Daily Show in 2015. Each episode is an hour long and focuses on one issue. Four episodes are available so far.
And finally: The Harder They Fall is a revisionist Western co-written and directed by the British singer-songwriter and music producer Jeymes Samuel, in his feature film debut. The movie, streamable now on Netflix, opens with title cards: “While the events of this story are fictional… These. People. Existed.” and nearly every character of any import is Black.
Some other stuff that happened in the last couple weeks, give or take:
- Dean Stockwell, Actor Known for ‘Quantum Leap,’ ‘Blue Velvet’ and ‘Married to the Mob,’ Dies at 85
- Ed Bullins, Leading Playwright of the Black Arts Movement, Dies at 86 He wrote not for white or middle-class audiences, but for the strivers, hustlers and quiet sufferers whose struggles he sought to capture in searing works.
- Rapper Young Dolph Was Killed In A Shooting In Memphis The 36-year-old rapper had survived shooting attacks in the past, incorporating his experiences into the music he released over the years.
- Heath Freeman, ‘NCIS’ and ‘Bones’ actor, dead at 41
- Paul Rudd Is PEOPLE’s 2021 Sexiest Man Alive: ‘I’m Getting Business Cards Made’ “I’m going to lean into it hard,” the actor says of earning the crown. “I’m going to own this"
- What The Sexiest Man Alive Has Looked Like Every Year Since 1985 And What They Look Like Now Some of these are so random.
- Inside Ivy Getty’s Fantasy Wedding Weekend in San Francisco
- Big Bird got ‘vaccinated’ against COVID-19, drawing outrage from Republicans
- The Metaverse Is Already Here — It’s Minecraft Blocky game-worlds are decentralized, thriving, hackable, and have produced a vibrant economy
- Disney Plus to Launch 13 Marvel Movies in Imax Expanded Aspect Ratio
- Star WarsSpin-Off Rogue Squadron Delayed, Director Patty Jenkins Still Attached
- ThisWest Side StoryTeaser Wants To Pretend This Movie Isn’t A Musical For Some Reason
- America’s Dad Is Lonelier Than Ever In recent movies like Finch, Tom Hanks’ once-genial everyman doesn’t have much use for humanity.
- Disney+ Growth Slows, Stock Takes Big Hit Ahead Of Disney+ Day
- Aaron Sorkin Defends ‘Being the Ricardos’ Casting Decisions The writer-director opens up about controversies in casting Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem, the parallels between McCarthy-era Hollywood and cancel culture today, and the all-important endorsement of Lucy and Desi’s daughter.
- What happened to Eric Clapton? The guitar legend has long been inscrutable, but his covid turn has friends and fans puzzled like never before.
- ‘Party Down’ Revival Gets Starz Greenlight With Six Of Original Series’ Seven Stars Returning
- Jane Campion Will Never Direct a Superhero Movie: ‘I Hate Them’
- Dubbing ‘A Fistful of Dollars’ to spread the Navajo language
- Grandma mistakenly invited a stranger to Thanksgiving. Six years later, they still celebrate the holiday together. The Internet is still swooning over their feel-good friendship
- Rich Hollant - Principal at CO:LAB, founder of Free Center, and commissioner on cultural affairs for the city of Hartford
- Shawn Murray - A stand-up comedian, writer, and the host of the Nobody Asked Shawn podcast
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer, and she is founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
Colin McEnroe, Cat Pastor, and Dylan Reyes contributed to this show.