More than half a century after they first came walking down the street, we’re still bananas for The Monkees
More than half a century after they first came walking down the street, we’re still bananas for The Monkees. This hour, Colin and his guests help us figure out why.
Songs from The Monkees featured in this episode:
- (Theme from) The Monkees
- Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Randy Scouse Git
- What Am I Doing Hangin’ Round?
- Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow)
- I’m a Believer
- Daily Nightly
- Goin' Down
- Riu Chiu
- Papa Gene's Blues
- Me & Magdalena
- Mark Rozzo - Contributing editor at Vanity Fair and author of the August 2021 Vanity Fair story “The Most Influential Pop-Rock Band Ever? The Monkees!”
- Brian Williams - Former MSNBC anchor, lifelong Monkees fan
- Dr. Rosanne Welch - Executive director of the Stephens College MFA in TV and Screenwriting and author of the book “Why The Monkees Matter: Teenagers, Television and American Pop Culture”
- Andrew Sandoval - Manager of The Monkees from 2011 to 2021 and host of the 60s-music podcast “Come to the Sunshine”
Colin McEnroe, Jonathan McNicol, Lily Tyson, and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.