The Future of the Hartford Symphony
The Hartford Symphony Orchestra is asking its players to take a big pay cut. Meanwhile, the musicians are looking for a better deal, and wonder, "How do you build the symphony by cutting it?"
This hour, we look at how the Hartford Symphony Orchestra can stay relevant and creative, while keeping its operating costs down.
- Anne Midgette - Chief Classical Music Critic at The Washington Post
- Michael Pollard - Violinist for the Hartford Symphony Orchestra for 40 Years
- Ann Drinan - Executive Director of CONCORA, Senior Editor of Polyphonic.org, and violist with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra
- Stephen Wade - Oboist with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra
- Polly Kahn - Principal of PK Art Solutions/PK Orchestra Solutions; former Vice President for the League of American Orchestras
Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Lydia Brown and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.