The Nose Says Goodbye To Tim Conway, Peggy Lipton, 'Game of Thrones,' 'Veep,' And More
And the week's gone kind of the same way for TV shows too. On Sunday, Veep finished its seven-year run on HBO. Last night, The Big Bang Theory aired its 279th and final episode. And Game of Thrones's series finale is set to air this coming Sunday.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- My Cousin Was My Hero. Until the Day He Tried to Kill Me.
For years, I was drawn to his strength, his bravado, his violence. But then he forced me to come to terms with how that idea of masculinity poisoned his life -- and mine.
- This Gen X Mess
The tech, music, style, books, trends, rules, films and pills that made Gen X... so so-so.
- Cocaine in the River Thames is 'another problem eels don't need', says expert
- What the Gay Wedding on Arthur Says About the Country’s Changing Norms
This week, PBS portrayed a same-sex relationship on a children's TV series--and got much more positive feedback than the last time it tried.
- Why I (Still) Love Tech: In Defense Of A Difficult Industry
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Director James Gunn Breaks Silence On High-Profile Disney Firing, & What He Learned From The Career Crisis That Followed
- U.S. Births Fell To A 32-Year Low In 2018; CDC Says Birthrate Is In Record Slump
- Harvard Lampoon apologizes following condemnation of Anne Frank imagery as anti-Semitic, misogynistic
- John Dankosky - Executive editor of the New England News Collaborative, and host of The Wheelhouse and NEXT on WNPR
- Taneisha Duggan - Producing associate at TheaterWorks
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.