The Book Show: February 5, 2015
My motto on The Book Show is: Life is short, but it can be ever so wide.
Join me and my book buddies for a call-in show recommending terrific books to read in all categories. If you're in a book club, please tell us what you've read and enjoyed.
And, hey, kids, we'd love to hear from you about books you love.
Mystery, classics, science, history, politics, humor, cookbooks, memoirs, biographies, thrillers, science fiction, fantasy, instruction, graphic novels, health, happiness, wisdom—you'll hear it all on our book show.
- Outline, Rachel Cusk
- I'll Drink to That, Betty Halbreich
- The River, Alessandro Sanna
- Honeydew, Edith Pearlman
- Hand to Mouth, Linda Tirado
- Faithful and Virtuous Night: Poems, Louise Gluck
- All the Light We Cannot See, Anothony Doerr
- Caravaggio?, Andrew Graham-Dixon
- The Red and the Black, Stendhal
- An Event in Autumn, Henning Mankell
- Gina Barreca is the author, most recently, of They Used To Call Me Snow White… But I Drifted.
- Amy Bloom is the author, most recently, of Lucky Us.
- Roxanne Coady is president and CEO of RJ Julia Bookseller.
- Lee Jacobus is the author, most recently, of Hawaiian Tales.
- Pamela Katz is the author of The Partnership.
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail
- “This Is the Picture (Excellent Birds),” Peter Gabriel featuring Laurie Anderson
- “Regiment,” Brian Eno + David Byrne
- “Rewrite,” Paul Simon
Lori Mack and Jonathan McNicol contributed to this show.