A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Impeachment With Dave Eggers And More
Are you having trouble keeping up with the nonstop impeachment information coming your way? If you're starting to confuse Gordon Sondland with Rudy Giuliani, then you should start listening to Pardon Me (Another Damn Impeachment Show?), our weekly answer to your confusion.
Every week, Colin brings you impeachment news and analysis with journalists and legal scholars, including Emily Bazelon and Dahlia Lithwick. We don't stop there. We also talk to ethicists, political theologians, artists, musicians, linguists, essayists, and authors.
Author Dave Eggers, impeachment lawyer and CNN analyst Ross Garber, and culture writer Joanna Weiss kick off our first episode.
What is culture if not a way to understand the political world in which we live?
We have also published an uncut version of our interview with Dave Eggers, which runs about 25 minutes, roughly twice as long as the edit that appears in this episode.
- Dave Eggers - The author of 13 books and founder of McSweeney's, among a number of other things; his new book is The Captain and the Glory: An Entertainment
- Adrienne Fulco - Associate Professor of legal and policy studies at Trinity College
- Ross Garber - Teaches political investigations and impeachment Law at Tulane Law School and is a CNN legal analyst; he represented four governors in impeachment proceedings
- Rich Hovorka - A listener
- Nicholas Quah - Editor and publisher of Hot Pod, a newsletter about podcasts
- Joanna Weiss - Editor-in-chief of Experience magazine and a frequent contributor to Politico magazine
Thanks to Eugene Amatruda, Sarah DeFilippis, Megan Fitzgerald, Rob Gabaree, John Gibson, Beth Messina, Tim Rasmussen, Catie Talarski, and Chion Wolf.
Email us your questions at email@example.com.