How Craigslist's 'Missed Connections' is humanity’s story
Ah, Craigslist’s Missed Connections.
Where else can you find that attractive guy you saw at that concert? Or the lady in the laundromat who held your gaze? Or reconnect with your long lost hairstylist?
Hear those stories, plus what a researcher learned from studying over 10,000 posts.
And what does it sound like when two Tony-nominated songwriters take Missed Connection posts and turn them into songs?
- Ilia Blinderman is a Sr. Journalist-Engineer at The Pudding. In 2015, he studied data from over 10,000 Craigslist Missed Connections ads
- Anthony King is a Tony- and Emmy-nominated writer, producer and performer
- Scott Brown is a WGA-award-winning, Emmy-, Tony- and Drama Desk-nominated writer of theater, television and criticism
- Vinz Clortho (a pseudonym) is a Colchester resident who posted on Missed Connections after an encounter at a laundromat
- Allison Holst-Grubbe is a Manchester resident who found a long-lost beloved hairstylist via Missed Connections
- Alex Ferrante (a pseudonym) lives in the Washington, DC metro area, and posted to Missed Connections after an encounter in an Aldi grocery store
- Erin and Dan Kottke from MN, re-met through missed connections. They are celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary in March, and have two children
Jessica Severin de Martinez and Catie Talarski contributed to this show.
Subscribe to Audacious for early access and bonus features!