The Nose Endorses Betsy Kaplan (And Sees 'In The Heights')
Betsy Kaplan has been producing episodes of The Colin McEnroe Show for a decade. Today is her last day. (Ostensibly, anyway. She's producing our show next Monday, which isn't really how last days are supposed to work. But it's very much how Betsy Kaplan works.) The Nose is crestfallen.
And: In the Heights is the big (and/or small) screen adaptation of Lin-Manuel Miranda's multiple Tony Award-winning musical. It is directed by Jon M. Chu and stars Anthony Ramos. It debuted in theaters and on HBOMax on Thursday.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
Those Descriptions on the Inside of Book Covers Are Full of It
They've become meaningless mush -- but they don't have to be.
Bogus Social Media Outrage Is Making Authors Change Lines in Their Books Now
The silly idea that a fictional character's statements reflect an author's actual beliefs is spreading.
'Raiders of the Lost Ark': Why the "Indy Doesn't Matter" Criticism Needs to Be Put in the Ground
Here's what an often-cited "plot hole" completely misunderstands about storytelling.
- Actress Karen Allen addresses her character's underage relationship with Indiana Jones: 'I don't think of him as a pedophile'
- Grown-ups, it's okay to love pop culture for kids. Stop being embarrassed about it.
Chris Harrison Is Officially Out As Host Of The "Bachelor" Franchise
Deadline reported that Harrison, who hosted the franchise for nearly two decades, will receive an eight-figure payout.
Dove Cameron Just Got So Real About Coming Out, And We Need To Talk About It
We stan a bi queen!
- Carmen Baskauf - Produces Where We Live on Connecticut Public Radio
- Lydia Brown - Managing producer of Vermont Public Radio's Vermont Edition
- John Dankosky - Host The CT Mirror's Steady Habits podcast, and he is news and special projects editor for Science Friday
- Robyn Doyon-Aitken - Senior producer for Seasoned on Connecticut Public
- Taneisha Duggan - Artistic producer at TheaterWorks
- Jacques Lamarre - A playwright, and director of client services at Buzz Engine
- Jonathan McNicol - Hasn't quit his job producing The Colin McEnroe Show
- Ali Oshinskie - A corps member with Report for America covering the Naugatuck River Valley for Connecticut Public
- Patrick Skahill - A reporter at Connecticut Public Radio, and he was the founding producer of The Colin McEnroe Show
- Chion Wolf - Hosts Audacious with Chion Wolf on Connecticut Public Radio
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.