My Coworker Is An Android: Understanding The Impact Of Workforce Automation
From self-service menus to self-driving cars to... androids around the water cooler? This hour, we explore the past, present, and future of workforce automation.
We talk with a team of economists and technology experts, and we want to hear from you. Is your job at risk of becoming obsolete? As always, we take your calls, Tweets, and emails.
Later, we also check in with Smithsonian magazine columnist and Smarter Than You Think author Clive Thompson. He tells us why it’s important to “remember the Luddites” when grappling with our increasingly modernized world.
- Harriet Jones - Business reporter for WNPR
- Dr. Michael Hicks - George and Frances Ball distinguished professor of economics and the director of the Center for Business and Economic Research at Ball State University
- Harry Moser - Founder and President of the Reshoring Initiative
- Adam Smith - Chief Revenue Officer at Automated Insights, a software company headquartered in Durham, North Carolina
- Clive Thompson - Author of Smarter Than You Think: How Technology is Changing Our Minds for the Better and columnist for Smithsonian magazine
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.