In Connecticut School Lottery, What's Luck Got To Do With It?
Connecticut’s Sheff magnet system is back in the spotlight -- this time, for reports of questionable admissions practices.
This hour: hand-picked or luck of the draw? We find out how some Hartford-area schools have been skirting around the state’s lottery process.
Plus, graduation season is here at last. While students get ready to don their caps and gowns, we examine trends in higher education with a team of local experts and reporters.
- Matthew Kauffman - Investigative reporter at the Hartford Courant
- Jacqueline Rabe Thomas - Reporter for ctmirror.org
- David Johnston - Director of the Center for Higher Education Retention Excellence (CHERE), a subsidiary of the Hartford Consortium for Higher Education (HCHE)
- Joshua Rosario - Sophomore at Central Connecticut State University
- Walter Harrison - President of the University of Hartford; board member of the Hartford Consortium for Higher Education (HCHE)
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.