No Kids, No Problem: An Exploration Of The Childfree Choice
There are many questions a young woman will face as she matures. Among them: What is her timeline for building a family? And how many kids does she expect to have?
But not all women want to become mothers.
Christen Reighter was in her early 20s when she underwent surgical sterilization. In 2016, she delivered a TEDx Talk about her decision to live childfree:
This hour, we find out what’s driving some women -- like Reighter -- to say no to having kids. We also talk about the challenges and stigma they come up against.
Are you a woman who has chosen to skip out on motherhood? We want to hear from you, too.
- Gretchen Livingston - Senior Researcher at the Pew Research Center
- Christen Reighter - Writer, public speaker and voice for the childfree choice
- Ebony Murphy-Root - Former Connecticut resident and self-identified childfree woman
- Dr. Christopher Morosky - Associate Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UConn Health
- Julie Liefeld, LMFT - Associate Professor of Marriage and Family Therapy at Southern Connecticut State University; she also serves the Director of the University’s Family Therapy Clinic
Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.