"Citizen Observers" Share Their Voting Experiences
The Colin McEnroe Show has an Election Day tradition of celebrating voters by inviting "citizen observers" from around the state to share their experience with voting. An ongoing pandemic and tensions stemming from a deeply divided electorate make this a year like no other.
People nationwide are working hard to make sure their vote is counted. They're voting early, they're waiting hours in line, and some are flying "home" to vote in-person to ensure their vote is counted.
Election Day still has the power to inspire and make me hopeful that we're more united than some would have us believe.
Call us today at (888) 720-9677 with your Election Day stories. We'll take as many calls as we can.
- Alicia Cobb is a visual artist and art instructor in Bridgeport.
- Madi Csejka is a 23-year-old voter living in Orange.
- Susan Clinard is the owner of Clinard Sculpture Studioin Hamden.
- John Dlugosz works in information technology servicesat Trinity College.
- Ben Freund is the owner and operator of Freund's Farm, and Cow Pots, in East Canaan.
- Lara Herscovitch is a singer-songwriter-poet, performer, and a former CT State Troubadour. Her latest album is "Highway Philosophers."
- Sarah Kaufold is a choral conductor and founder and artistic director of Consonare Choral Community
- Michael Moschen is a world-renowned juggler, performance artist, and recipient of a MacArthur Genius Grant.
- George Noujaim is the owner of Noujaim's Bistro in Winsted.
- Kate Rushin is a poet, writer, and educator.
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.