We take your calls. Ask (or tell) us anything
We’ve been doing these shows a lot of weeks where we don’t book any guests, where we fill the hour with your calls. We don’t even, anymore, start with the suggestion of a topic that your calls might, potentially, be about. We’ve had fun with these shows, and you seem to like them too.
So we did that again.
From my post screening the calls, it’s kind of hard to know what’s going on on the actual show a lot of the time, but here’s some stuff that I’m fairly confident comes up during this hour:
- a new flavor of Girl Scout Cookies
- the end of French dressing regulation
- the (subliminal) arrow in the FedEx logo
- the (not-at-all-subliminal-as-far-as-I-can-tell) eagle in the U.S. Postal Service logo
- not just rebranding our show, but renaming it too
- Colin interviewing Terry Gross (not a thing that’s happening, as far as we know)
- a future show on the Knights of Columbus (not a thing we’re working on, as far as we know)
- veterinarians as first responders
- UFOs and UAPs
- converting our system to a direct democracy
- the correct pronunciation of “Tonga”
We also got a call complaining about “a grown man calling them the ‘damn Girl Scouts.’” I’m assuming the grown man in question is Colin, though I didn’t hear him say that, and that caller wouldn’t go on the air.
But be forewarned about all the potential profanity, I guess?
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.