Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness
In its new handbook for happiness, the Mayo Clinic says new research shows that about 50 percent of our happiness rests on the deliberate decisions we make day after day. Yet we all know in this busy, demanding world, it can be difficult to step back and act with intention. The author of The Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness, Dr. AmitSood, hopes to give you skills that become habits, increasing your happiness quotient.
Dr. Sood is professor of medicine and chair of the Mind-Body Medicine Initiative at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. His four-step, ten-week program is outlined in the book and discussed on the show:
- How to train your attention
- How to cultivate emotional resilience
- How to start a mind-body practice
- How to pick healthy habits
To receive a copy of the Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness, make a contribution to WNPR of $6/month or more. The book is our thank you gift to you.
- Amit Sood – author, The Mayo Clinic Handbook for Happiness
- “Gne Gne,” Montefiori Cocktail