Guide Dogs Take The Meaning Of 'Man's Best Friend' To A New Level
Read a transcript of this show here.
This hour, guest host Ray Hardman takes you to Fidelco -- the guide dog school in Bloomfield, Connecticut where we meet some guide dogs in training. And we talk with guide dog users about the impact these animals have on their lives.
We also speak with author and poet Stephen Kuusisto, who’s written a memoir about his first guide dog, Corky.
Do you use a guide dog?
- Stephen Kuusisto - Professor at Syracuse University, as well as a poet and author. His newest memoir is Have Dog, will Travel: A Poet’s Journey
- Bill DeMaio – Superintendent of Newington Parks and Recreation Department, and guide dog user
- Lauren Booth – Puppy raiser of Bill DeMaio’s guide dog Lyric, and staff member at Fidelco
- Chris Eastwood – Trainer at Fidelco
- Chelsea Mora – Trainer at Fidelco
- Ali Parkes – Trainer at Fidelco
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.