The Nose Takes Its "Cat Person" Date To See 'The Last Jedi'
For once in our lives, it's actually kind of obvious what this week in pop culture has been all about.
Star Wars's Episode VIII -- the ninth live-action Star Wars movie -- is out. The Last Jedi officially opens today, and it's projected to take in nearly half a billion dollars this weekend. The Nose stayed up late last night to catch a midnight showing. Or something like that.
And this week saw what is quite possibly the world's first viral short story. The New Yorker's "Cat Person" happens to be about just the right topic at just the right cultural moment. Perhaps not surprisingly, some men are missing the point.
Other possible topics include:
- The Movie Surprises and Snubs of the 2018 Golden Globes
- These Are the Happiest Cities in the United States
- Netflix defends A Christmas Prince tweet
- London fatberg to go on museum display
- Disney buys much of Fox in major deal that resets the Hollywood power grid
- Rebecca Castellani - Entertainment director at Bridge Street Live in Collinsville, Conn.
- Rand Richards Cooper - A novelist, essayist, and critic
- Pedro Soto - Chief operating officer at Space-Craft Manufacturing in New Haven
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.