The Nose Needs A Wet Paper Towel: ‘Black Widow’ And ‘I Think You Should Leave’
Black Widow is the 24th movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is the ninth, and final, one to feature Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff, and it’s the first film in Phase Four of the M.C.U. I don’t know what a lot of that stuff means, but Black Widow has already set a number of pandemic box office records. It has grossed more than $200 million worldwide so far.
And: I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson is Robinson’s Netflix sketch comedy series. Its six second season episodes debuted on July 6. The episodes are all less than 20 minutes long (!).
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Charlie Robinson, Who Played Mac on ‘Night Court,’ Dies at 75
- Mj Rodriguez Just Became The First Transgender Person To Be Nominated For A Major Lead Acting Emmy
- The Emmys Have Gone Mildly Wild
- Best Actor Or Actress? Gender-Expansive Performers Are Forced To Choose
- Jason Sudeikis Is Having One Hell of a Year
- Thom Yorke and Radiohead Release Music Video for “Creep (Very 2021 Rmx)”
- Olivia Rodrigo Went To The White House To Talk About Vaccinations
- Mint condition Super Mario 64 game sells for record $1.5m
- This Insect Drinks Your Milkshake
- Man fuels his personal fart-cycle with gas from a swamp
- The newest clip from Netflix’s Sexy Beasts dating show offers fresh nightmare fuel
- The Only ‘New’ Thing About Cross-Cultural Casting Is Who’s Getting The Roles
- Raquel Benedict - Claims to be the most dangerous woman in speculative fiction, and she’s the host of the Rite Gud podcast
- Tom Breen - Managing editor of The New Haven Independent, and he hosted Deep Focus on WNHH radio
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.