The Nose On Tay Tay, Pepe's, And 'Blinded By The Light'
And: As this is the way the world works now, a Facebook post has started a backlash against Frank Pepe Pizzeria over... politics. Sigh.
And finally: In the great tradition of A Bug's Life/Antz, Deep Impact/Armageddon, and The Prestige/The Illusionist, this year gives us Yesterday/Blinded by the Light. This week's Nose has seen the latter, a coming-of-age story about the music of Bruce Springsteen and a British-Pakistani teenager whose life is forever changed by it.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- In Urgent Older Millennial News, Counting Crows' Adam Duritz Shaved His Head
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit Animator Richard Williams Has Died. He Can Still Teach You a Lot About Animation.
- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
- I'll Be Loving You Forever
My best friend and the New Kids on the Block, 30 years later.
- The Beautiful Power of Ta-Nehisi Coates
With his groundbreaking nonfiction works, Ta-Nehisi Coates emerged as our most vital public intellectual. Now, his debut novel, The Water Dancer, takes him to uncharted depths.
- Secrets and Lies in the School Cafeteria
A tale of missing money, heated lunchroom arguments, and flaxseed pizza crusts
- He's 26 years old but still sees a pediatrician: Why some young adults don't move on
- Why Is Joe Rogan So Popular?
He understands men in America better than most people do. The rest of the country should start paying attention.
- Why Viacom and CBS Had to Merge to Survive
- Five Burning Questions: Billboard Staffers Discuss Billie Eilish's 'Bad Guy' Replacing Lil Nas X's 'Old Town Road' at No. 1
- Keanu Reeves set to return for The Matrix 4
- 'Maus' Author Removed From Marvel Collection For Calling Trump 'Orange Skull'
- Robert De Niro's Company Files $6 Million Suit Against Ex-V.P. Who Binged 55 Episodes of Friends on the Job
And 20 episodes of Arrested Development and 10 episodes of Schitt's Creek.
- Broadway Snobs Explain Theater Etiquette to YouTube Stans in Niche Twitter Drama
- Greta Gerwig Says Her Babies Saoirse Ronan and Timothée Chalamet Are a 'Bonfire' Together
- The Trailer for Bruce Springsteen's Western Stars Album Doc Is Maybe the Best Short Film of 2019
- MLB reportedly had to send a memo out to players warning against the use of gas-station sexual-enhancement pills
- Report: Spider-Man Will No Longer Be Shared by Marvel and Sony
- "Social Media Harms Your Mental Health" iPhone Cases Are Just the Latest Feeble Nod to Authenticity
- Six people aged 62 to 85 arrested for 'sexual activity' in woods after police surveillance operation
- Colton Underwood Just Said He Pretended to Like Hannah G. the Most to Trick 'Bachelor' Producers
- Sean Spicer Will Make Six Figures for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Jim Chapdelaine - Emmy Award-winning musician, producer, composer, and recording engineer; patient advocate for people with rare cancers
- Rand Richards Cooper - A contributing editor at Commonweal; writes the "In Our Midst" column for Hartford Magazine
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.