The Thanksgiving Eve Nose On Sacha Baron Cohen, Tesla's Cybertruck, And Disney+'s 'The Mandalorian'
And: The Mandalorian is the big, new, original, launch title for Disney's new streaming service, Disney+. It's a half(ish)-hour western set in the Star Wars universe, and three episodes have dropped so far.
Some other stuff that happened this week and last week, give or take:
- So the internet didn't turn out the way we hoped. Where do we go from here?
- Billie Eilish Becomes Youngest Person Ever Nominated In All 4 Top Grammy Categories
The pop star scored a total of six nominations for the 2020 awards ceremony.
- This Humans Of New York Story Is So Wild, I Promise You'll Keep Coming Back For More Tea
Tanqueray is a national treasure.
- 27 "Woman Yelling At A Cat" Memes That Have Kept Me Laughing So Hard
Despite it's annoyances, I love the internet.
- Half of Shakespeare's "Henry VIII" was written by a different playwright, algorithm reveals
- Sam Waterston among 42 arrested at Yale football protest
- Are Saturn's Rings Really as Young as the Dinosaurs?
A debate is raging over the age of the rings. Resolving it could produce the best clue yet to the rings' mysterious origin.
- Content Rated By: An Oral History of the ESRB excerpt -- "Doom to the Power of Ten"
- In Blockbuster Era, No Room at the Box Office for the Middlebrow
Midbudget films are being ignored by audiences, who increasingly go to theaters only to see big franchise movies.
- The Real Cost of Tweeting About My Kids
When I've told you what my son said, it's not "his data" anymore.
- The 50 Best Nonfiction Books of the Past 25 Years
Slate's books team selects the definitive works of reporting, memoir, and argument of the past quarter-century.
- John Simon, Wide-Ranging Critic With a Cutting Pen, Dies at 94
Prolific, erudite and caustic in his wit, he surveyed the entire cultural landscape -- films, plays, books, art -- and saw little that he liked.
- 'Indian food is terrible' tweet sparks hot debate about racism
- Susan Bigelow - Librarian, columnist for CT News Junkie, and a science fiction/fantasy novelist
- Pedro Soto - President and CEO of Hygrade Precision Technologies
- Bill Yousman - Professor of Media Studies at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.