Connecticut High-Speed Internet: Public or Private Utility?
An effort is underway to bring high-speed internet to residents across Connecticut and create competition for the existing cable and broadband companies. The CT Gig Project includes public officials who say it is needed for economic development, competition, and innovation. Opponents don't think the government should get involved in the internet business.
At a time when the state's business climate is under scrutiny and the state budget is in crisis, what’s the best solution to expanding and improving internet connectivity in Connecticut?
- Kevin Lembo - Comptroller of the State of Connecticut
- Elin Katz - Consumer Counsel for the State of Connecticut
- Paul Cianelli - President and CEO of the New England Cable and Telecommunications Association
- Eric Brown - Associate counsel at the Connecticut Business and Industry Association
- Ken Hays - President and CEO of The Enterprise Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Daryl Jones - New Haven City Controller
Chion Wolf contributed to this show.