Connecticut Public, the parent organization for both Connecticut Public Radio (WNPR), Connecticut Public Television (CPTV) and multiple digital properties, has been serving our state for more than 50 years. Through those decades, we’ve kept up with innovations in broadcast and media technologies.
A couple of years ago, we introduced a new brand and name that placed the emphasis on our audience, Connecticut’s PUBLIC, who we now serve through an ever-increasing array of media platforms and channels.
This week, we are embarking on another phase of that strategic rebrand by combining two of our three primary websites (ctpublic.org and wnpr.org) into a singular Web destination at ctpublic.org.
The new site is built on an updated CMS (content management system) that helps us to stay current with web technology and to optimize for mobile users.
Our audience — and the ways they consume media — is increasingly diverse and interested in the full scope of our local, PBS, and NPR news, storytelling, entertainment and educational programming.
The new ctpublic.org website will ultimately better present the rich breadth and depth of ALL our content and services.
For now, the cptv.org website will remain unchanged. In the next phase of this project, we will integrate the content on cptv.org into the new ctpublic.org website as well.
With the launch of the new site, we’ll be analyzing usage data and collecting feedback from our audience to inform ongoing improvements.
While technology and platforms for delivering content are constantly changing, Connecticut Public’s commitment to serving the PEOPLE of our state holds steady, and we are deeply grateful for the support of our members, donors and sponsors.
What are the big changes and features of this new site?
- Style update - You’ll notice an updated “look and feel” with some changes to the navigational structure of the site.
- The new navigation will help users to find content from CPTV, CPTV Spirit and CPTV KIDS as well as direct access to our live streams.
- Mobile-first approach - Because a growing majority of our users access our website on a mobile device, the new website is optimized to improve that experience.
- Focus on News/Talk programming — The content featured on ctpublic.org in this phase is primarily our News and Talk programs from Connecticut Public Radio and NPR.
- CPTV and video content can be accessed through links on ctpublic.org, too.
- Restructured Institutional Information — This site also includes the non-profit corporate information about Connecticut Public such as: broadcast coverage areas and info on how to access our media channels; our trustees and executive leadership; career and internship opportunities; ways to sponsor our programs and support our mission; and corporate filings.
How can I ask questions or offer my comments about this change?
- Please contact our Audience Care team Monday-Friday, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm via phone (860) 275-7550 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)