The Nose Went To 'Blade Runner 2049' (Even Though No One Else Did)
That's not really true. LOTS of other people went to see Denis Villeneuve's "Blade Runner" sequel. It grossed almost $82 million in its opening weekend. But for a movie that cost going on $200 million to make -- and that's been anticipated on and off for 35 years -- those kinds of ticket sales mean it's probably headed toward box-office-flop status. Still, though: It's certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.
Other possible topics include:
- A Dove ad showed a black woman turning herself white. The backlash is growing.
- ESPN's Jemele Hill suspended from network for two weeks
- Rose McGowan's Twitter Account Locked After Posts About Weinstein
- Watch Eminem Denounce His Trump-Supporting Fans in a Vicious Rap Verse at the BET Hip Hop Awards
- Rand Richards Cooper - Novelist, essayist, and critic
- Kate Rushin - A teaching artist for the Connecticut Office of the Arts and a Pushcart Prize-nominated poet; her work can be found in The Women's Review of Books and the Cape Cod Poetry Review
- Pedro Soto - Chief operating officer at Space-Craft Manufacturing in New Haven
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.