The Nose Kind Of HAD To Go See 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?,' Right?
They made a documentary about Mr. Rogers. Does The Nose really have a choice but to go see it? No. It does not. But then, it's "a vital doc," "a tearjerker with a purpose," and "the film we need right now" with "the hero 2018 needs." So we probably should've gone to see it regardless of whether the guy was a public broadcasting icon or not, no?
How do we answer the question of what we need right now? Can channeling Mr. Rogers counter this current moment of incivility
Or, do we need to experience more psychic pain to stimulate and reset our brain? After almost eight years of war in Iraq, we elected a modern-day version of Mr. Rogers. Obama was covered in a layer of coolness and a deft sense of humor but his heart was Mr. Rogers.
Other possible topics include:
- Unholy matrimony! Who spoiled Batman's wedding?
Bat-fans are upset that the New York Times has leaked details of DC's forthcoming marriage edition, but the paper may not be the villain here
- MAGA Thirst
What are the Trump-loving men of Instagram telling us with their shirtless selfies?
- The Last Great Movie Credits Anthem: On 20 Years of Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing"
How Diane Warren, Steven Tyler, Francis Lawrence, and -- yes -- Barbra Streisand conspired to turn an 'Armageddon' power ballad into a highlight of '90s soundtracks
- How "A Closer Look" Lost Its Focus The once-ambitious Late Night With Seth Meyers centerpiece paints Trump as an inarticulate dope, not a danger to the republic.
- 11 Cult Condiments You Can Buy on Amazon
From blue cheese powder to Calabrian peppers.
- Tech Elites Recreate Burning Man Inside Their Living Rooms
Like a modern version of a medieval minstrel, a singer named Jess Magic is helping A-list entrepreneurs get in touch with their inner child in private "songversations."
- Police evacuate Statue of Liberty after woman scales statue
A woman was observed scaling the side of the statue, multiple outlets are reporting, leading police to evacuate visitors from the island as a precaution.
- Jar Jar Binks actor 'considered suicide' after Star Wars prequel backlash
Ahmed Best has opened up about how difficult he found the abuse that met his first major screen role, as the CGI comic relief in The Phantom Menace
- This Bear That Took A Dip In A Jacuzzi, Sipped A Margarita, Then Took A 2-Hour Nap Is The Hero Of Summer 2018
Be the Jacuzzi-soaking, margarita-stealing, nap-taking bear you wish to see in the world.
- The Bullshit-Job Boom
For more and more people, work appears to serve no purpose. Is there any good left in the grind?
- Terry Gilliam hits out at BBC's diversity plans, saying: "I tell the world now I'm a black lesbian"
- The dog who played Duke in Bush's Baked Beans commercials has died
- Tracy Wu Fastenberg - Director of development at Covenant Preparatory School
- James Hanley - Co-founder of Cinestudio at Trinity College
- Irene Papoulis - Teaches writing at Trinity College
Colin McEnroe and Chion Wolf contributed to this show.