The Nose Got Bought Out By The Des Moines Register
This New or Second or Third Golden Age of Television has been going on for 20 or 25 or 30 years now. Peak TV just won't stop peaking. For decades, there's just been no way to keep up. But then… suddenly we've all got a lot more time on our hands in our houses. And instead of finally watching The Wire and The Americans and Homeland and whatever else, we're all just rewatching Parks and Rec for the eleventeenth time.
And, hey, whoa: The New York Times bought Serial productions.
And finally: I May Destroy You is a BBC One and HBO show starring and written and created by Michaela Coel. Set in London, the series is a comedy-drama about consent and, ultimately, trauma.
Some other stuff that happened in the last couple weeks, give or take:
- Alan Parker, British Director of 'Fame', 'Midnight Express' and 'Mississippi Burning,' Dies at 76
- Malik B., Founding Member of the Roots, Dead at 47
The rapper departed the group following the the release of Things Fall Apart in 1999
- Regis Philbin, TV's Enduring Everyman, Dies at 88
With patience, determination and folksy, spontaneous wit, Mr. Philbin climbed to pre-eminence relatively late in life on talk and game shows.
- David Letterman On Regis Philbin's Death: "Best Guest We Ever Had"
- As a Teenager, I Hated Johnny Carson. Then Came the Pandemic.
As a teenager, I thought his 'Tonight Show' was a bland, uncool relic. Now I appreciate his deadpan humor and the loose weirdness of his interviews.
- 'Saturday Night Live' Wants to Resume Filming in Person
- Olivia de Havilland, a Star of 'Gone With the Wind,' Dies at 104
She built an illustrious Hollywood career punctuated by a successful fight to loosen the studios' grip on actors.
- Billy Eichner To Play Paul Lynde In 'Man In The Box,' About Gifted Actor Stigmatized For Being Gay: Why Eichner Feels Things Haven't Changed, Gay Actors Still Excluded From Straight Roles & Even Playing Gay Icons
- The Force Is Still Strong with John Williams
- Washington NFL team to use 'Washington Football Team' for 2020 season
- Mulan falls off Disney's schedule, takes Avatar and Star Wars with it
- "The Far Side" Returns to a Weird World
- Best Cinematography Oscar Winners of the 21st Century, Ranked
- Tom Hanks lending voice as vendor at Oakland A's games
- 'Metal Gear Solid V' Players Achieve the Impossible: Nuclear Disarmament
'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' players briefly got rid of all nuclear weapons and triggered a secret cutscene.
- Wild Star Wars Rumor Claims Disney Will Erase the Sequel Trilogy and Reset Canon
An unsubstantiated Star Wars rumor claims that Disney is ready to junk everything that happened in The Force Awakens and its sequels.
- Breonna Taylor Is On The Cover Of O Magazine -- The First One Ever Without Oprah
"Breonna Taylor had dreams," Oprah Winfrey said. "They all died with her the night five bullets shattered her body and her future."
- Irene Papoulis - Teaches writing at Trinity College
- Mercy Quaye - Founder and principal consultant for The Narrative Project and a columnist with Hearst Connecticut Media Group
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.