The Nose Has A Few Dunkies Coffees And A Pack Of Menthols: 'Kevin Can F**k Himself,' More
The Nose is all TV all the time this week.
And then: Kevin Can F**k Himself is both a multi-camera sitcom and a single-camera drama at the same time. It airs on AMC and stars Annie Murphy.
Some other stuff that happened this week, give or take:
- Richard Donner, Director of 'Superman,' 'The Goonies' and 'Lethal Weapon,' Dies at 91
- R.I.P. filmmaker and actor Robert Downey Sr.
His son, actor Robert Downey Jr., confirmed the news on Instagram
- What Deadlines Do to Lifetimes
Can we find a balance between structuring our time and squandering it?
- Brace yourself for the Bill Cosby media redemption tour
In the comedy world he may still be persona non grata. But can TV news divisions resist the ratings he'd pull in?
- 2021 Miss Nevada Will Be The First Openly Transgender Miss USA Contestant
- Everyone is praising Selena Gomez's unedited swimsuit and bikini pictures
"Seeing Selena Gomez's stomach & body WITHOUT PHOTOSHOP is fire"
- The Pop Music You Listen to Really Does Matter
The story of Dr. Luke and Doja Cat shows how the industry relies on consumer passivity. But audiences can still stand against alleged abusers.
- Future Lord of the Rings films should acknowledge the book's queer leanings
Nobody wants to see a horny Gollum or Orcs with raging hard-ons – but why shouldn't some of Middle-earth's denizens be gay?
- If they won't let Zack Snyder make a stupid Star Wars, he'll just make his own stupid Star Wars
- Zack Snyder is making an Akira Kurosawa-inspired sci-fi epic for Netflix
- How Disney Mismanaged the Star Wars Universe
And how The Mandalorian can restore the true power of George Lucas's galaxy
- The Urge to Destroy a Violin
An Instagram account reveals both our reverence for and our loathing of classical instruments.
- The Games Done Quick Marathon Is More Important Than Ever
For years, GDQ has brought together gamers to speedrun for charity. After a year of loss and loneliness, the event means so much more.
- Returnal and Why Games Need More Badass Middle-Aged Women
Women in video games are either young and sexy or old and wise. But a character who’s built up the strength and confidence of experience? Sign me up.
- How "The Print Shop" Turned People into Banner Wizards in the 1980s
- Mathematicians Prove 2D Version of Quantum Gravity Really Works
In three towering papers, a team of mathematicians has worked out the details of Liouville quantum field theory, a two-dimensional model of quantum gravity.
- What Gets Lost as Little Leagues Get Smaller
Town leagues, unprofessionalized and open to all, knit neighborhoods together in ways that intensive and competitive travel teams do not.
- How "Rick and Morty" and "Loki" built thoughtful altars to apathy for everything we hold dear
Both shows acknowledge that gods exist. But each questions the zealotry with which we follow them
- 'Legally Blonde' Oral History: From Raunchy Script to Feminist Classic
Along the way, adult zingers were edited out, Jennifer Coolidge struggled with the "bend and snap" and the ending was changed at least three times.
- You Really Need to Quit Twitter
How could I have succumbed to this common, embarrassing habit that just about everyone on Earth knows is a scourge?
- Why Is Everyone Talking About the "Cat Person" Short Story Again?
- "Cat Person" and Me
Kristen Roupenian's viral story draws specific details from my own life. I've spent the years since it published wondering: How did she know?
- Nicholas Braun is going to be the Cat Person asshole in the viral story's movie adaptation
Emilia Jones will play Margot, the 20-year-old who goes on a bad date with the Cat Person
- Admit it: Grilling is bad
- Carolyn Paine - An actress, comedian, and dancer; founder, director, and choreographer of CONNetic Dance
- Bill Yousman - Professor of Media Studies at Sacred Heart University
Colin McEnroe and Cat Pastor contributed to this show.